Exe-rated runners!

Exe-rated runners!
The successful Harriers team, en masse, at the Erme Valley Relays, July 2013

Friday 9 December 2011

Dave down under!

Press man, Dave Eveliegh, has been touring the southern hemisphere for the past 5 weeks. And, after 5 weeks of silence, during which you would have been forgiven for thinking that he might have accidentally fallen through the bottom of the globe, he has at last been in contact to reassure us that he is having a wonderful time and has even managed to fit a couple of races in!

From Dave:

'I raced in Oz for first time recently, as a guest of the Austrailian international marathoner, John Duck. The race was the Traralgon Harriers Handicap 5km which took place in rural Victoria on dusty, undulating tracks, rather like Woodbury Common. (Not quite like Woodbury Common at this time of the year, in the cold and wet! ed.)
My time was about 25 min and I placed 25th out of the 41 entrants.

After this it was onto New Zealand and to the home of the 'Fun Run' in Auckland along with around 20,000 other entrants. I then ran 5km in "windy" Wellington which was living up to its name. There was some route confusion on this course along a busy waterfront. I was grateful to have been categorised as a "runner" and not a "jogger"! Overall I finished in top half and clocked about 22:20: almost the same as my time in the Run Exe 5k in September, so I was pleased considering conditions.'

Enjoy your last week darn sarth and safe journey back to Devon!

No comments:

Post a Comment